Backwaters Of Alleppey:Kerela

November 24, 2017

ALLEPPEY


A beautiful journey from Thekkady to Alleppey, nearly every inch of road covered with trees.I was spellbound to see the greenery and  Periyar River flowing along.It was nearly 3-4 hr journey which was not at all tiring. 

Periyar River


Periyar river


As soon as I reached Alleppey,  I was amazed by the palm-fringed canals, still lagoons and tranquil waters. I hired a boat for 1 hr ride to explore the backwaters. It was such a serene surrounding that I almost forgot all my worries looking at the water, Peaceful and quiet environment made me feel much more connected to myself. I could live my entire life here but u cannot have everything you want so I decided that what so ever time I am going to spend should be in the backwaters so I booked a room in a houseboat.


Backwaters of Alleppey


People of Alleppy


view of backwaters




alleppey beach


Alleppey Beach

It was magical to see the sunset at the backwaters, definitely a sight to behold.You should surely live on a houseboat to experience the real Alleppey.After this, I went to Sree Krishna Temple which had beautiful and exquisite mural paintings. Also, dont forget to visit the Alappuzha beach, and obviously no Kerala trip is complete without the Ayurvedic massage.

Sunset at Backwaters


Have beautiful holidays in Alleppey.









No comments:

Powered by Blogger.